Student Advocate Application
Student Advocate Application Form
A student advocate holds an important role in the MVP family acting as a liaison between our veterinary network and the student community.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Act as a liaison between MVP and veterinary students, clubs, professors and university personnel.
- Coordinate and execute campus outreach events (schedule zooms, advertise event, manage catering, etc.)
- Schedule one lunch & learn or other meetings each semester.
- Responsible for registering MVP for job fairs, posts on school social media, job boards and notifies student body on opportunities with MVP.
- Manages attendance expectations for all events hosted by MVP on/off campus or in a virtual setting.
- Promote student knowledge of, and participation, in our externship program. Assist MVP with outreach to at least ¾ of graduating class in the following forms: email, networking events, off campus events, touch points etc.
- Ensure the timely circulation of job postings and events to students through the appropriate channels.
- Act as a resource to students related to the opportunities in our network and make information about our group available to students.
- Assist MVP with marketing efforts on social media site (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) on a monthly basis.
- Become familiar with our network hospitals, leaders and staff.
- Attend at least 2 virtual meetings with MVP Medical Leadership Team.
What’s in it for you?
- MVP offers competitive compensation.
- Become a part of the MVP community of veterinary professionals and make connections on-the-job through Externships, Internships and Break Work.
- Externship program designed around you.
- Exclusive access to a tailored mentorship program through MVP
- Exclusive access to all job opportunities in network upon graduation to include loyalty bonus.
Who can apply?
- 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year students.
- Students currently enrolled and who are actively engaged in the student community and with the student clubs. Must not be employed with another veterinary group as a student representative.